Project and Development Services Pty Ltd is a firm of professional project management consultants established in 1993 to provide services for clients in the realisation of their building project needs. It was founded on the precept that, for many clients, managing design teams and supervising building contractors is neither their mainstream activity nor their area of expertise.
The company has managed many projects with different levels of complexity, but all involving tight budgets, difficult deadlines and complex scope issues.
Project and Development Services Pty Ltd is committed to providing independent professional project management services.
Our core values allow this to happen and are outlined as follows:
- Client Focus: we ensure that services meet clients’ requirements and provide suitable solutions to their business needs
- Service Excellence: we provide the highest level of service using our skills and knowledge, aiming to exceed our clients’ expectations by adding value to project solutions
- Professionalism: we subscribe to ethical business practices without discrimination as reflected in our honesty, integrity and accountability
- Enthusiasm: we encourage team relationships that are exciting and inspiring, so that innovation and enthusiasm are rewarded with project success
- Commitment: we exhibit a strong sense of loyalty and commitment to our clients in the achievement of successful project outcomes, including taking reasonable steps to identify social, environmental and economic consequences of project decisions
- Humour: the one indisputable truth about managing projects is that tomorrow is another day and the future always holds great promise
The Value Proposition:
"It is unwise to pay too much. But it is worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money, that is all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything because the thing you bought is incapable of doing what it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot. It cannot be done.
There is hardly anything in the world that someone cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper and people who consider price alone are this man’s lawful prey."
John Ruskin 1819 - 1900
The staff of Project and Development Services Pty Ltd is pleased to have been involved in the delivery of the following major projects:
- Mackenzie State Primary and Special Schools
- Redcliffe Hospital Upgrade
- Springfield Lakes State Primary and High Schools
- Kyiv Olympiysky Stadium, Ukraine for Euro 2012
- Queensland State Tennis Centre, Tennyson, Brisbane
- Brisbane Cricket Ground Redevelopment, Queensland
- Suncorp Stadium, Queensland
- Seahawks Stadium, Seattle USA
- Rugby World Cup 2003
- Olympic Football Tournament 2000
- Queensland Abattoir Corporation Asset Disposal
- Bounty Boulevard State School, North Lakes, Queensland
- Tweed City Shopping Centre, Tweed Heads South, NSW
- 545 Queen Street, Brisbane
Project and Development Services Pty Ltd’s staff are active members of the Australian Institute of Project Management and the Institution of Engineers Australia, as well as related professional bodies such as the Green Building Council Australia and the Property Council of Australia.
We also become associates of our clients' professional organisations, such as the Venue Management Association (Australia and Asia). In this way, we can benefit from advances in building science and the project management body of knowledge on the one hand, as well as understanding our clients' business and industry on the other.
Project and Development Services Pty Ltd has documented its corporate and management philosophies to suit the requirements of ISO 9001:2008.
The Management System and Procedures are used to control work practices ensuring that desired project outcomes are consistently met, if not exceeded. These are established early in the project process and monitored during the life of the project.
Project and Development Services Pty Ltd has an impressive track record in the leadership of project teams, including planners, design consultants, statutory authorities, contractors and clients, through all phases of a project life-cycle.
Project Directors are directly responsible for the performance of each and every project. This requires Directors to be on site, in the Client’s office, or wherever decisions need to be made. Project Directors are, without exception, always available to the Client for consultation. Furthermore, PDS employs only experienced construction industry professionals who are dedicated to any project for its full duration so as to provide continuity of service. We do not re-assign project responsibilities to lesser experienced staff, considering this practice does not meet client expectations of professionalism.
Our outstanding reputation has been developed over years of commitment to this approach resulting in a unique culture of practical achievement.
Project and Development Services Pty Ltd believes that industry recognition establishes for clients the means to assess the level and type of the professional service on offer, as well as the reputation that the project management firm has established in its own professional domain.
In this respect, Project and Development Services Pty Ltd is honoured to have been recognised with various achievement awards throughout its formative years by its peers, including the Australian Institute of Project Management, the Australian Institute of Building, and the Institution of Engineers, Australia.
One of our projects (Brisbane Cricket Ground Redevelopment) was considered to have achieved “Project Excellence” and was included in a Property Council of Australia research study undertaken in 2001: “Projects as Wealth Creators – Drivers of Project Excellence”.