Construction Project Management
Building & Construction Project Management Services in Brisbane and South East QLD
Project and Development Services Pty Ltd are one of the leaders in building project management services in Brisbane, QLD. With more than 20 years experience as construction project managers we have built a solid reputation on our integrity, honesty and on our outstanding results.
We are the leading experts in managing a project from its inception, right through to the handover and commissioning of the construction. As building project managers, we have a strong commitment to working within a confirmed budget and a timely completion of the project.
What is construction project management?
Construction project management or building project management encompasses the planning, co-ordination and construction of a building project from beginning to completion.
Construction managers oversee the entire build, meeting all of the goals and deliverables on time and remaining within the scope and budget of the project. All aspects of the build from costings, report writing, formulating schedules of work, risk management, procurement of building materials and fixtures, administering contracts, monitoring construction and hiring and firing are all in the realms of construction project management.
Qualities and knowledge to look for in construction project management consultants
When you are looking for a project management team to oversee your next project you need a company with a rich history of completed projects. A project manager or a project management team must also have a wide variety of skills and abilities that suit your needs.
Some of the qualities to keep in mind are:
- An ability to achieve all scheduled progress goals and deliverables.
- Be adaptable to changing conditions and schedules.
- Highly developed communication skills.
- An ability to work under pressure.
- Identify problems, deficiencies or bottlenecks and quickly find workable and safe solutions.
- The ability to be a leader and comfortably manage the construction right through to completion.
- An ability to manage people from a variety of trades, from designers to administrators and construction workers.
- An efficient documentation and reporting system.
- Knowledge of all necessary by-laws, standards and specifications, local building codes and regulations.
- Extensive knowledge of workplace health and safety.
- A heightened awareness of risk management onsite.
- Good co-ordination with company management.
- An ability to multi-task effectively at all times.
- Enthusiasm for the project is also important.
Contact Project Development Services to find out more about Construction Project Management Services by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
These are just some of the qualities you will need in an effective building project manager. Above all else, you want a project manager who is honest, knows how to manage a construction site and has a solid history of meeting scheduled deliverables.
Building Project Management Services - Key Deliverables
Key deliverables are milestones that need to be achieved during the construction phase and are based on the goals of the project and the time frame to completion. Each phase of construction will have several key deliverables which building project management companies must deliver on time.
Some of these key building deliverables can include:
- Scheduled progress reports.
- Site plans.
- Engineering reports.
- Design documents.
- Site investigation reports.
- Site inspection reports.
- Building inspection reports.
- Health and safety reports.
- Risk management documents.
- Strategic reports.
- Architect drawings.
- Staged building achievements.
All deliverables are specified prior to the commencement of construction and must be agreed to by both parties. There can be penalties invoked if deliverables are not achieved on time.
Our Construction project management services
As experienced and leading building management consultants in Australia, we provide the following services:
- Advice and support for property development.
- Planning, scope development and project definition.
- Brief development and design management.
- Sustainability advice.
- Due diligence, project verification and validation.
- Distressed project recovery.
- Cost management and reporting.
- Development and management of building schedules.
- Risk management and on site health and safety.
- Procurement management.
- Quality management.
- Contract administration.
- Construction management and monitoring.
- Commissioning and handover.
- Project close-out and asset aftercare.
Project and Development Services Pty Ltd provide a highly skilled and integrated team of experienced professionals. We have a proven record of successful team management, as well as building and construction project management.
We have access to the resources of a dedicated team of professionals including architects and planners, as well as engineers, contract administrators and quality surveyors.
Our philosophy is to solve problems before they arise.